Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blogging Day Six: Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Walk

Yes, I may be participating in the Susan G Komen 60 mile 3 Day walk this October. In order to participate you have to raise $2,300.00. Will I likely make $2,300 and be able to participate in the actual walk? I really do doubt it, I have done fundraising, but I have let my part go to some girls who are more excited about the walk then I am.
The question is thou; will I be walking 60 miles regardless? Yes, I will walk around my neighborhood, if I have to for 60 miles. Probably would be much better though. It is a nice area with lots of shade. I don't think it will be a problem. Plus, I will not have to get up at the crack of dawn, nor will I be sleeping in a tent on the ground..
Anyway, my point is that I will be putting a link at the bottom of each of my blogs until the walk, which begins October 6. Donate as little as a dollar and I would greatly appreciate it.

For fundraising, I have down Bowling Alley parties, did a restaurant night @ Chevys, yard sales, bake sales, and I am starting an eBay store selling items there. I think besides the training for the walk, the fundraising as been the hardest part. If anyone has any suggestions for fundraisers please let me know!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am participating in this walk and I encourage everyone else to participate in some sort of charity event. It's a lot of work, but its well worth the effort.

FYI- The carrot cake has yet to bring me down, but unfortunately the cinnamon pop tart won today.


<3 Zerila

Please Donate: http://www.the3day.org/goto/Zerila

No comments:

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...