Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging Day 173 : Simple Bead Ring




This is a very simple bead ring. If you remember these are the beads I bought from the thrift shop adventure in Blogging Day 68. It has been awhile since I bought them, but I finally found a use for them.

OK, let's begin!

Items you need:




About 1.5" of .5mm Stretch Jewelry Cord (I found mine in the Walmart Craft area)
10 pronged adjustable ring
20 Round beads of your Choice
NOT PICTURED: Binder Clip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Step:




Begin by tieing one side of the cord to one of the ends of your ring.



This is a picture later on, but leave about an inch out at the beginning and attach a binder clip to it. You want to do this because you want to know where the end is to finish the ring. I found later on that if I don't have something heavy attached to the end I lose it and the ring starts to undue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 2:


Begin threading on the beads. For each prong you want two beads. First add on the bead, thread the string through the first prong. Add on another bead and go through the same prong and then thread the string through the next prong and repeat till you have done all ten prongs.

Do not do worry if it does not go on tightly. You want the beads to be a bit lose. As you continue on, the beads will begin to form a huge bubble like pile of beads and it will be easier to form your  ring to your liking if they are a bit lose.




It will be harder as you continue onto complete each prong. Once you have finished the first row of prongs, push the beads out of the way to the other side to be able to see the prongs easier.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 3:

Once all beads are threaded on all the prongs, tie to the two ends of the string. I did about three knots. Do not worry the knots will be lost in the beads. After tieing the knots, make sure the ends are less then an inch long, and then wrap the ends into the ring. They will disappear into the chaos of the ring.

Shape ring into the bubble of liking.




Have fun! Remember: Be creative, Be Imaginative and Make it your own!

PS- As I am typing this blog, I had about 115 views on my blog! Normally I get about five! Weird

Veggie/Fruit: My mom made an amazing veggie soup today. Very good way to get your veggies in.

<3 Zerila

No comments:

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...