Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blogging Day 211: Fun With SugarPill!


My Bestie recently went shopping @ Sugarpill and she let me play with the make-up she bought! They are amazing colors. If it wasn't for the fact that I am going shopping tomorrow for make-up, I would be ordering some of the glittery awesomeness myself.

I love the packaging designs. Very Gothic Princess.

Now, let's see what she got!


This is the 4-Color Palette / Cold Heart.

  

I put the quarter down to give a size reference for how big these items are. The colors are Poison Plum, Bulletproof, Tako, and Afterparty. I have swatches which I will show you at the bottom.


This is a a very beautiful hot pink color called Dollipop.


I love this color, not my favorite from this pick. But, very Barbie.

Now off to my favorites. The Sparkly Loose Powder!


This is Magpie. A beautiful dark blue/greenish color. For some reason I think greek goddess when I see this color.


This is my second favorite Magentric.

Sparkly pink goodness.


Now, Paperdoll is my favorite color.


Beautiful! I love wearing pink, but with my eyes, purple looks amazing on them. 

Plus, this is a perfectly pastel color for spring.


Last, but not least, Goldilux.

A beautiful splash of gold for your eyes. Very Ke$ha.


Now for the swatches.  First set of swatches are without eye primer.


Dollipop-Bulletproof-Poison Plum-Afterparty-Tako


Goldilux-Paperdoll-Magentric-Magpie


Now using Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which I think I may be converted. I normally use Urban Decay, but I used my friends primer since I forgot mine. I took these pictures at work :)

I think I may have to do an experiment to see which works better.

Does anyone have any preferences?


Now, doesn't the primer make a difference. I would definitely recommend using a prime. It would help keep your eyes shadow from going into your creases.


Goldilux-Magentric-Paperdoll-Magpie

Hmmm... I'm liking the gold more and more.


Dollipop-Bulletproof-Poison Plum-Afterparty-Tako

I love the blue! It is so electric!


Now there is only one problem. It is not with the loose powders, but with the pressed. There is so much color/pigment that it stains your skin when you use a primer.


This is a picture about 5 hours later and multiply washes with warm water and soap.

I did eventually use Lancome's Eye Make-up Remover and all but Dollipop was removed. I tried to take a picture, but it is too feint to for the camera to pick-up, but still there.

Of course, your thinking, maybe the primer is just that good. Yes, that could be true. But, I did not have a problem washing off the loose powder when it was on the primer.

All in all, besides the stain factor, amazing colors and I will be buying the loose powders.

Anyone else use Sugarpill and have the stain problem?  Is it really that big of a deal? My bestie doesn't seem to think so, besides the next day your just going to cover your eyes with my eyeshadow anyway.

<3 Zerila

1 comment:

Ruuuuuski My Chicka said...

I'm glad that you had fun playing with my toys! Dollipop does stain the eyelids a tad but the color is so pretty, who really cares? Not I said the cat! I just noticed from your swatches that Tako is almost as pale as you are! lol!

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...