Saturday, June 4, 2011

Blogging Day 286: The Hunger Games

                        The Hunger GamesCatching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

I just finished reading 'The Hunger Games' book series by Suzanne Collins.

It was amazing!!!!

The basic story is that in the sometime future after an apocalypse of some sort, there are 12 districts. The districts tried to rebel against the capital and lost. Part of the surrendering agreement, each year the disctricts send two kids, one girl one boy, to the arena where they kill each other to be the lone survivor. The main character's, Katniss Everdeen, younger sister gets chosen and she steps-up and takes her place and ends up going to the games. 

The games have been going on for 74 years and you can feel throughout the first book that the capitals hold on the districts is weakening. As the books continue on Katniss Everdeen finds herself the unwilling poster child for the uprising.

The story is very brutal and the author brings out real emotions of what it is like to be a girl thrust into these circumstances. How a girl growing up in this type of world reacts to her surroundings. It took me a week to read these books. I basically engulfed these books they were so amazing.

What is even more amazing is that they are making a MOVIE!!!!!

These are the four casts choices(according to imbd) which I think are perfect:

Katniss Everdeen: Jennifer Lawrence


Entertainment Weekly

This is a perfect picture of Katniss. The actress is embodying Katniss's no nonesense attitude about life.

President Snow: Donald Sutherland

imbd.com
OMG! When I heard he was playing President Snow I was elated! Donald Sutherland can definitely play the sweet smelling evil President. 

Cinna: Lenny Kravtiz

imbd.com


Perfect. I saw Lenny Kravtiz in 'Prescious' and and I thought he was a good actor. I think Lenny Kravitz will be perfect to imbody the rebel stylist.

Peeta Mellark: Josh Hutcherson


When I read the book, I actually pictured this actor as Peeta. I totally missed the fact that Peeta had blonde curly hair.

I can not wait for this movie to come out! People are calling it the new Twilight?!? No, I like Twilight, but this is not a Twilight series. Closer to Star Wars then Twilight.

<3 Zerila

Water-I hate having to go the bathroom all the time.
Veggies- Getting tired of carrots. Time to move on. 

No comments:

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...