Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blogging Day 291: Sequined Butterfry Clip DIY


I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and saw these butterflies and just had to figure out a way to put them in my hair. This what I created.

What you will need:


Sequins
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Sticks
Felt
Butterfly
Clip
Scissors(not pictured)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Step:



Attach your clip to the the felt. Fold the felt over top of the clip. Cut out that rectangle that covers the clip with an extra half inch on hanging over the top.

With the clip still attached to the cut out piece, using the glue gun, squeeze glue over the top of the clip. Fold over the felt on top of the clip and press down. With the extra hanging over the top of the clip, put some glue on the back of the head of the clip and glue down extra felt.

Now you have a rectangle shape felt piece attached to the top of the clip. Use your scissors to shape the felt.

How you shape it is your choice, but this is what I came up:






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 2:



You are going to start on the smaller end and then work your way to the larger end. Squeeze out a line of glue, and add a row of sequins and continue on with another row.

Continue adding on sequins until the whole clip is covered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Step


Glue down butterfly in the middle of the clip.


Finished!


The hardest part is gluing down the stupid sequins!

<3 Zerila

Water: Good, but with the heat, lack of air conditioning in my car, and traffic being as bad as it is, I always finish an extra bottle of water on the way home.

Veggies/Fruit: I let my oranges go bad and they tasted nasty... I hate that. You have this beautiful yummy orange and I'm all excited and its gross. Life is hard.







Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...