Monday, November 21, 2011

Yummy Lara Bars

I've been waking up at 4 o'clock in the morning to go swimming before work. I'm not crazy. Truthfully, if it was anything but swimming I doubt I would be as dedicated as I am.

Before I go exercise, I wanted to grab a small snack . Something light and full of energy food.

This is what I found:


I customize the recipe. This week I added some oats and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I also added cinnamon candy flavoring. It kind of taste like a fireball larabar.

You could change the nuts to to peanuts, cashews,  pecans, or mix it up.

I'm not sure what you could substitue the dates with. I'm going to try adding other dried fruit like a fig or apricots. That would be an interesting mix.

I have tried Larabars from the store and I like to think the ones I make at home taste much better.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also let me know what you add to the recipe. I'd love to try a new flavor.

<3 Zerila

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...